Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodwill Outlet Store Haul in St. Louis MO

Thursday my husband and I decided to go to St. Louis, MO, a 175 mile trip for us and shop at the Goodwill Outlet Store.  The Goodwill Outlet Stores are a very different kind of store.....items are sold by the pound.  Books and glass are $.39 a pound and other items are $.79 a pound.   Furniture is individually priced.  We shopped 4 hours on Thursday and 6 hours on Friday.   We had a fantastic time.  We spent hours and hours rooting around in the bins.  Hubby took a picture unknown to me of me checking out the bins (me in the middle---didn't I look tired and need to comb my hair).  But rooting was well worth the time.  Some of my craft finds:

Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils - 24 - brand new in the tin (my hubby found these for me)
Stampin Up - Classic stampin ink - Set of 12 Earth Elements inks (again brand new in the box)
3 sets of Stampin Up  Stamps (in containers)
Packaged embellishments, ribbons, buttons, stickers, rubbons and some paper.  Most of these items were still packaged.

Ladies.....by the weight these items pictured cost me $5.25.....that is right $5.25....what a bargain.
We had the best time and can't wait to do it again.....next trip will be back to Indianapolis to the Outlet Store.  We have done that  several times but I did not find as many great bargains but we  love looking. Bob spends most of his time looking for books to resell and usually finds a lot of good ones to resell.




This is only part of the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment