Friday, January 13, 2012

PostCard #2 - Spain

Well I finished my card a little earlier this week.  Story line is no problem, my characters continue on with their prospective lives, Zoey, a fashion photographer doing a shoot in Spain and Ann recently married is now doing a column for her local newspaper, called A to Z....which was the name they always though they would name their business when they dreamed about working together in college.

I so loved looking at every card posted to the challenge last week.  I realized what great artists there are doing this challenge.  I looked at mine and said wow you can tell I am no artist but a scrapbooker....no art just paper, looked like a little page layout.   Well this week I thought okay I can do this I have a whole tin of new watercolor pencils.  So I found an image on computer to use as a template to trace and thought I would just color/watercolor it in.  Well I did but boy I should stick to scrapbooking my postcards.   I was not happy with the results so I adding some inking. So my postcard this week will show that I am no artist even using a template to trace an image.... next week I will probably stick to scrapbooking my postcard....doing what I know.  I did love that it challenged me to try something else but I have never considered myself to be an artist and that is okay....we can't be everything.

Here is the front:

and the back:


18 comments:

  1. Ah, isn't it nice to try something new? It doesn't have to be your thing, but you tried!
    I really like your postcard and am looking forward to next week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you coloured in your traced image, but there is no need. In my original post about this challenge i suggest that people use whatever they love, drawing,painting,collage,stamping, anything goes...do what makes you happy. At the end of the day you will have all these postcards, to keep...I want you to love and be proud of them. So scrapbook away to your hearts content. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you, as a scrapbooker and stamper I can not do the painty thing but you have done a great job.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you choose your own box, and you can choose to stay in it, but you have done an amazing piece of art here, if you never do it again, that is up to you, but not having your art in the world will be the world's loss...seeing another person's art should encourage you not put you off, we all started somewhere and we all had to do things for the first time and we all had to practice to get better at what we do,

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great trying different things; heck even thinking about it can be such fun & I do believe this is a fun thing! great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your scrapbooked card last week, but I loved more the fact that you tried something different for this week. I think at the end of the year, you'll be glad to have a mixture of arting techniques and not one big scrapbook! Ever so often, stretch yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy your artwork is just fine...we all have different styles,and it is always scary trying something new :D A tip with watercolour crayons is to add colour a little at a time and use a barely damp brush to smoosh the colour around. let it dry, and add another layer if you want a stronger colour...like water colour paints. Please don't give up after your first go :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you for having a go at something outside your comfort zone. Think you are being you own worst critic though. While some out there are artists I for one am just having a go at all sorts. Doesn't matter if it's not perfect and there are plenty more to practise on :) do more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a scrapbooker. I am a beginning artist. I just about didn't post last week because my of own critical voices. Both your postcards are good. They are from two different characters and I love that you tried a different style for each of them. I look forward to seeing what you choose for next week. And I look forward to the continuation of the story you have started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please remember that whether your medium is paper crafting or apint - watercolour an artist is one who creates!!! You are an artist! ANd BTW you did a fine job with the watercolours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is nothing as satisfying as trying something new and being able to say you've done it. A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you entered the challenge. Annii and Zoey are terrific, as is your art! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic characters, beautiful card cant wait to see what you do next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing all different takes on the theme but I like the fact you pushed yourself out of your comfort zone. :) You did a great job with the matador. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. he he I did the opposite of yours this week, I drew and painted last week and collaged scrapbook style this week, I think the challenge allows us a lot of variety, and what a great challenge it is, love your take on this weeks country, great drawing by the way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoy this, love the drawing & I think you are pretty good at everything judging on this blog :) Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just popped by from Fran's blog to see how the UIU challenge is going for you.... Love your pizza box make, how fab! Keep Using It Up x

    ReplyDelete